- We have preparing a new release of LAPACK in mid year.
- This new release includes the divide-and-conquer algorithm for SVD,
new QR factorization with column pivoting, modifying the pivoting of
the symmetric indefinite factorization, and the correction of a number
of errors in the existing software.
- We have been working on a version of LAPACK that can be used from Fortran 90.
- The software currently
include only a subset of the LAPACK functionality, and is in the
process of being extended.
- In addition to developing new algorithms
and software our activities with LAPACK center on
- interaction with the
user community via support for the LAPACK mailing alias and public
relations for the commercial use of LAPACK
- maintenance of the
software, documentation, and errata files on netlib
- maintenance of
LAPACK WWW homepages; software quality control via the coordination
and integration of new software with the authors
- testing of new
software across multiple architectures
- and maintaining and updating
the LAPACK Users' Guide.
- The research project ``A scalable parallel
library for numerical linear algebra'' consisted of a number of
closely related topics which involves researchers at a number of
institutions. This research led to a number of important new software
tools and standards.